Po-Hao Chen (Howard) is a combined diagnostic radiology and nulcear medicine resident at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. He received his MD and MBA from Harvard University.
He will be a MSK radiology fellow at Penn, finishing training in June 2018 with dual board eligibility in diagnostic radiology and nuclear medicine. View curriculum vitae.
You can find his profile on Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, or follow the blog Figure Stuff Out. He is also the creator of Radiology Data Quest, a data science blog focused on radiology. Howard enjoys imaging informatics, healthcare innovation, and good comfort food.
ARIES - Web-Based Bayesian Analytics for Diagnostic Support
Capricorn - Radiology Residency Analytics Tool
Centaur - Rapid-Fire Learning Module for Basic Imaging Findings
RadCare - Resident-Led Radiology Consultation for General Medicine Wards
Integrating natural language processing and machine learning algorithms to categorize oncologic response in radiology reports
- Chen PH, Mankoff DA, Sebro RA, Clinical overview of the current state and future applications of positron emission tomography in bone and soft tissue sarcoma. Clinical and Translational Imaging. (accepted; in press)
- Chen PH, Roth H, Galperin-Aizenberg M, Ruutiainen A, Gefter W, Cook TS. Improving abnormality detection on chest radiography using game-like reinforcement mechanics. Academic Radiology. (accepted; in press)
- Wildenberg JC, Chen P, Scanlon MH, Cook TS. Attending Radiologist Variability and Its Effect on Radiology Resident Discrepancy Rates. Academic Radiology. 2017 Jan 24.
- Chen P., Botzolakis E., Mohan S., Bryan R.N., Cook T. Feasibility of streamlining an interactive Bayesian-based diagnostic support tool designed for clinical practice. In: Zhang J, Cook TS, editors. Proc SPIE Medical Imaging. 2016. p. 97890C.
- Chen PH, Loehfelm TW, Kamer AP, Lemmon AB, Cook TS, Kohli MD. Toward Data-Driven Radiology Education - Early Experience Building Multi-Institutional Academic Trainee Interpretation Log Database (MATILDA). Journal of Digital Imaging. 2016 Mar.
- Chen PH, Chen YJ, Cook TS. Capricorn - A Web-Based Automatic Case Log and Volume Analytics for Diagnostic Radiology Residents. Academic Radiology. 2015 Oct;22(10):1242-51.
- Traeger LL, Volkening JD, Moffett H, Gallant JR, Chen PH, Novina CD, et al. Unique patterns of transcript and miRNA expression in the South American strong voltage electric eel (Electrophorus electricus). BMC Genomics. 2015;16:243.
- Gallant J, Traeger L, Volkening J, Moffett H, Chen PH, Novina C, et al. Genomic basis for the convergent evolution of electric organs. Science. 2014 Jun 27;344(6191):1522-5.
- Chen PH, Slanetz PJ. Incremental clinical value of ultrasound in men with mammographically confirmed gynecomastia. Eur J Radiol. 2014 Jan;83(1):123-9.
- Kung JW, Slanetz PJ, Chen PH, Lee KS, Donohoe K, Eisenberg RL. Resident and Attending Physician Attitudes Regarding an Audience Response System. Journal of the American College of Radiology. 2012 Nov;9(11):828–31.
- Chen PH, Ghosh ET, Slanetz PJ, Eisenberg RL. Segmental breast calcifications. Am J Roentgenol. 2012 Nov;199(5):W532–542.
- Janas MM, Wang E, Love T, Harris AS, Stevenson K, Semmelmann K, et al. Reduced expression of ribosomal proteins relieves microRNA-mediated repression. Mol Cell. 2012 Apr 27;46(2):171–86.
- Levy C, Khaled M, Iliopoulos D, Janas MM, Schubert S, Pinner S, Chen PH, et al. Intronic miR-211 assumes the tumor suppressive function of its host gene in melanoma. Mol Cell. 2010 Dec 10;40(5):841-849.
- Levy C, Khaled M, Robinson KC, Veguilla RA, Chen PH, Yokoyama S, et al. Lineage-specific transcriptional regulation of DICER by MITF in melanocytes. Cell. 2010 Jun 11;141(6):994-1005.
- Ramappa AJ, Chen PH, Hawkins RJ, Noonan T, Hackett T, Sabick MB, et al. Anterior shoulder forces in professional and Little League pitchers. J Pediatr Orthop. 2010 Feb;30(1):1-7.
- Reed RD, Chen PH, Nijhout HF. Cryptic variation in butterfly eyespot development: the importance of sample size in gene expression studies. Evol Dev. 2007 Feb;9(1):2-9.