Po-Hao Chen (Howard) is the Associate Imaging Informatics Oficer and musculoskeletal radiologist at the Cleveland Clinic Main Campus. He received his MD and MBA from Harvard University. After finishing his diagnostic and nuclear radiology residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, he stayed to complete his fellowship training in clinical imaging informatics and musculoskeletal radiology. He has prior experience in radiology process improvement, early startup, and informatics research.
You can find his profile on Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, or follow the blog Figure Stuff Out. He is also the creator of Radiology Data Quest, a data science blog focused on radiology. Howard enjoys imaging informatics, healthcare innovation, and good comfort food.
ARIES - Web-Based Bayesian Analytics for Diagnostic Support
Capricorn - Radiology Residency Analytics Tool
Centaur - Rapid-Fire Learning Module for Basic Imaging Findings
RadCare - Resident-Led Radiology Consultation for General Medicine Wards
Integrating natural language processing and machine learning algorithms to categorize oncologic response in radiology reports
Unsupervised genomic and epigenetic analysis
- Chen PH, Scanlon MH. Teaching Radiology Trainees from the Perspective of a Millennial. Academic Radiology. 2018 Jun;25(6):794-800.
- Chen PH, Cross N. IoT in Radiology: Using Raspberry Pi to Automatically Log Telephone Calls in the Reading Room. Journal of Digital Imaging. 2018 Jun;31(3):371-8.
- Deitte LA, Chen PH, Scanlon MH, Heitkamp DE, Davis LP, Urban S, et al. Twenty-four-Seven In-house Faculty and Resident Education. Journal of the American College of Radiology. 2018 Jan;15(1):90a.
- Chen PH, Zafar H, Galperin-Aizenberg M, Cook T. Integrating Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning Algorithms to Categorize Oncologic Response in Radiology Reports. Journal of Digital Imaging. 2017 Oct 27 [epub ahead of print]
- Chen PH, Mankoff DA, Sebro RA. Clinical overview of the current state and future applications of positron emission tomography in bone and soft tissue sarcoma. Clinical and Translational Imaging. 2017 Aug;5(4):34358.
- Chen PH, Roth H, Galperin-Aizenberg M, Ruutiainen A, Gefter W, Cook TS. Improving abnormality detection on chest radiography using game-like reinforcement mechanics. Academic Radiology. 2017 Nov;24(11):142835.
- Wildenberg JC, Chen PH, Scanlon MH, Cook TS. Attending Radiologist Variability and Its Effect on Radiology Resident Discrepancy Rates. Academic Radiology. 2017 Jun;24(6):6949.
- Chen PH, Botzolakis E., Mohan S., Bryan R.N., Cook T. Feasibility of streamlining an interactive Bayesian-based diagnostic support tool designed for clinical practice. In: Zhang J, Cook TS, editors. Proc SPIE Medical Imaging. 2016. p. 97890C.
- Chen PH, Loehfelm TW, Kamer AP, Lemmon AB, Cook TS, Kohli MD. Toward Data-Driven Radiology Education - Early Experience Building Multi-Institutional Academic Trainee Interpretation Log Database (MATILDA). Journal of Digital Imaging. 2016 Mar.
- Chen PH, Chen YJ, Cook TS. Capricorn - A Web-Based Automatic Case Log and Volume Analytics for Diagnostic Radiology Residents. Academic Radiology. 2015 Oct;22(10):1242-51.
- Traeger LL, Volkening JD, Moffett H, Gallant JR, Chen PH, Novina CD, et al. Unique patterns of transcript and miRNA expression in the South American strong voltage electric eel (Electrophorus electricus). BMC Genomics. 2015;16:243.
- Gallant J, Traeger L, Volkening J, Moffett H, Chen PH, Novina C, et al. Genomic basis for the convergent evolution of electric organs. Science. 2014 Jun 27;344(6191):1522-5.
- Chen PH, Slanetz PJ. Incremental clinical value of ultrasound in men with mammographically confirmed gynecomastia. European Journal of Radiology. 2014 Jan;83(1):123-9.
- Kung JW, Slanetz PJ, Chen PH, Lee KS, Donohoe K, Eisenberg RL. Resident and Attending Physician Attitudes Regarding an Audience Response System. Journal of the American College of Radiology. 2012 Nov;9(11):828-31.
- Chen PH, Ghosh ET, Slanetz PJ, Eisenberg RL. Segmental breast calcifications. American Journal of Roentgenology. 2012 Nov;199(5):W532-542.