As Chief Informatics Officer at the Cleveland Clinic Imaging Institute, I lead a dynamic team in managing our extensive radiology systems, including rolling out a PACS replacement for over 300 physician users, now used for over 3 millions of imaging exams each year.
The position of Section Head of Clinical Informatics involves spearheading the integration of innovative technologies, like a patient-focused imaging results module. At the helm of the Imaging Data Science Center, I'm proud to lead a team pioneering AI tools that redefine radiology practices, drawing from our understanding of healthcare's complexity.
Board-certified in both diagnostic radiology and nuclear medicine, I pratice musculoskeletal imaging, bringing precision to diagnostics at multiple levels.
My involvement with professional bodies spans from shaping informatics education, building an AI-enabled profession, to strengthening radiology's cybersecurity posture through leadership roles with the ACR, RSNA, and SIIM.
Committed to revolutionizing patient care through more accurate, faster, and more affordable diagnostics, my current daily role involves continuously streamlining workflows and leverage technology to elevate healthcare delivery.
You can find my profile on Twitter, LinkedIn, or follow the blog Figure Stuff Out. I enjoy imaging informatics, healthcare innovation, and good comfort food. The content of this website and the blog are of my personal opinion and do not represent the view of Cleveland Clinic.
Natural Language Processing for Imaging Protocols
AI for Acute Aortic Syndrome Detection
Integrated Workflow Peer Learning Case Submission
ARIES - Deep Learning + Bayesian System for Radiology Education and Dx Support
RadCare - Resident-Led Radiology Consultation for General Medicine Wards
Capricorn - Radiology Residency Analytics Tool
Centaur - Rapid-Fire Learning Module for Basic Imaging Findings
Integrating natural language processing and machine learning algorithms to categorize oncologic response in radiology reports
Unsupervised genomic and epigenetic analysis
- Xavier BA, Chen PH. Natural Language Processing for Imaging Protocol Assignment: Machine Learning for Multiclass Classification of Abdominal CT Protocols Using Indication Text Data. J Digit Imaging [ePub ahead of print]. 2022 Jun 2
- Chen P-H, Bodak R, Gandhi NS. Ransomware Recovery and Imaging Operations: Lessons Learned and Planning Considerations. J Digit Imaging. 2021 Jun;34(3):731-740.
- Rudie JD, Duda J, Duong MT, Chen PH, Xie L, Kurtz R, et al. Brain MRI Deep Learning and Bayesian Inference System Augments Radiology Resident Performance. J Digit Imaging.s 2021 Aug;34(4):104958.
- Shah C, Kohlmyer S, Hunter K, Jones SE, Chen P-H. A translational clinical assessment workflow for the validation of external artificial intelligence models. In: Park BJ, Deserno TM, editors. Medical Imaging 2021: Imaging Informatics for Healthcare, Research, and Applications. Online Only, United States: SPIE; 2021. p. 14.
- Martin-Carreras TT, Li H, Chen P-H. Interpretative applications of artificial intelligence in musculoskeletal imaging: concepts, current practice, and future directions. J Med Artif Intell. 2020 Sep;3:1313.
- Shah C, Cook TS, Chen P-H, Hyland S, Heavener R, Kahn CE, et al. Improving Triage of After-Hours Radiology Examinations Through Worklist Unification. J Am Coll Radiol. 2020 Mar;S1546144020301459.
- Martin-Carreras T, Chen P-H. From Data to Value: How Artificial Intelligence Augments the Radiology Business to Create Value. Sem Musc Radiol. 2020 Feb;24(01):6573.
- Chen P-H. Essential Elements of Natural Language Processing: What the Radiologist Should Know. Acad Radiol. 2020 Jan;27(1):612.
- Duong MT, Rauschecker AM, Rudie JD, Chen P-H, Cook TS, Bryan RN, et al. Artificial intelligence for precision education in radiology. Br J Radiol. 2019 Jul 26;20190389.
- Gillman J, Wu SE, Rowland J, Scanlon M, Chen P-H. Comparison of In-Person and Digital Radiology Resident Consultation Services. J Am Coll Radiol. 2019 Feb 4; S1546144018314856
- Chen P-H, Scanlon MH. Teaching Radiology Trainees from the Perspective of a Millennial. Academic Radiology. 2018 Jun;25(6):794-800.
- Chen P-H, Cross N. IoT in Radiology: Using Raspberry Pi to Automatically Log Telephone Calls in the Reading Room. Journal of Digital Imaging. 2018 Jun;31(3):371-8.
- Deitte LA, Chen P-H, Scanlon MH, Heitkamp DE, Davis LP, Urban S, et al. Twenty-four-Seven In-house Faculty and Resident Education. Journal of the American College of Radiology. 2018 Jan;15(1):90a.
- Chen P-H, Zafar H, Galperin-Aizenberg M, Cook T. Integrating Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning Algorithms to Categorize Oncologic Response in Radiology Reports. J Digit Imaging. 2018 Apr;31(2):17884.